top of page

China Work Permit

Foreign Professionals

There are three types of China Work Permit, and the "Foreign Professionals" is one of the them.  It is also called the CLASS B Work Permit for foreigners.

Class B employees are driven by the labour market demand, that means when there is a shortage of certain talents in the labour market, Employers in China may look for employees from outside of China to fill the gap.

In short, Class B professionals are selected for the needs of the development of China's economy.

The standard requirements to be qualified under the Class B scheme, applicants must have:

  • At least a bachelor's degree or above;

  • 2 years or more of relevant working experience;

  • An international vocational skills qualifications;

  • 60 points or above from the China Work Permit Point Scoring System.

Examples of Class B foreign professionals are, foreign language teaching personnel and specialists and project implementers who the requirements of relevant state departments.

What Our Visa Agency Can Do For You

Our dedicated team Boötes Services Limited acts as your Application Consultants, whether you are the Foreign Employee or the Sponsoring Company in China, we provide you with all the details of the application process.  We will assess yours or your employee's score, and to determine a custom plan for your specific application, guiding you with the preparation of application documents and materials.  

Our consultants are native speakers whom can take charge in all communications with government agencies, which effectively enhances the efficiency of our work.


According to each client's specific situation, we can also arrange documents translation when required.

Our services also include proofreading your materials and writing reports with supplementary information that meet the requirements of the Foreign Affairs Bureau.

Other visa application services include applications for Dependent Visa and Visa Extension.


Applicants should be at least 18 years of age, be in good health, have no criminal record, have an identified employer in the territory with no serious illegal and untrustworthy records, and have the necessary professional skills or appropriate level of knowledge to perform their jobs.

Please note that the eligibility criteria may be subjected to change from time-to-time.

Required Forms & Documents for Class A Work Permit Application

Applicants to provide:​

Document Icon.png

Application Form

  • Application form for Work Permit

  • Recent passport photograph

Proof Icon.png


  • Relevant work experience

  • Education qualifications

  • Official certificate of no criminal record

  • Certificate of medical examination

  • Overseas residency

Photocopy Icon.png


  • Valid travel document

Disclaimer: The above lists do not include everything that are required for the application, as there are no two fo the

                         same case. Contact us for other specific requirements and materials.

An Approved Class A Work Permit

A successfully approved Foreigner’s Work Permit will allow you to work and stay legally in China. Work permit approval plus document production generally takes 10-15 business days (10 business days for Type A and 15 business days for Type B); once the document is produced, we will contact you for the subsequent steps. During the processing of the application, the applicant may be asked to provide additional information and/or documentation related to the application

Once the work permit is approved, the applicant will receive a card-like document. A work permit for foreigners generally contains the following information:


  • Foreigner's details - full name in English, nationality, gender, photo;

  • Employer's details - QR code;

  • Work permit number (unique for life);

  • Approval authority;

  • Expiration date.

Our Other Services

Hong Kong Dependent Visa

For family members wishing to join their spouses/parents who are working/studying in Hong Kong​

Hong Kong Investment Visa

For overseas entrepreneurs relocating to Hong Kong either through investing or by establishing their own business in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong Training Visa

For non-Hong Kong students and employees coming to Hong Kong for training or internship

Hong Kong

Visit/Transit Visa

For foreigners who wish to visit Hong Kong for leisure or business purposes.  And for foreigners who require to transit through from Hong Kong

Mainland Talents & Professionals

For professionals who are residents of Mainland China taking up employment in Hong Kong


Service Fees

We can provide a volume of discounts to clients with multiple applications

bottom of page