top of page

China Work Permit

General Personnels

There are three types of China Work Permit, and the "General Personnels" is one of the them.  It is also called the CLASS C Work Permit for foreigners.

Class C employees, similar to Class B employees, they are also driven from the demand of the labour market in China.  The duration granted to the foreigners usually has a shorter time period (not exceeding 90 days), as they are generally being hired on temporary or short-term works, this includes foreign youths attending internships in China.

Class C General Personnels are foreigners who:

  • Score under 60 points of the China Work Permit Point Scoring System;

  • Hold a work permit under the old system, but do not qualify for Class A or Class B under the new system.

Some examples of Class C employees are, foreign students/ graduates taking up internships and seasonal workers.

What Our Visa Agency Can Do For You

Our dedicated team Boötes Consulting Services Limited acts as your Application Consultants, whether you are the Foreign Employee or the Sponsoring Company in China, we provide you with all the details of the application process.  We will assess yours or your employee's score, and to determine a custom plan for your specific application, guiding you with the preparation of application documents and materials.  

Our consultants are native speakers whom can take charge in all communications with government agencies, which effectively enhances the efficiency of our work.


According to each client's specific situation, we can also arrange documents translation when required.

Our services also include proofreading your materials and writing reports with supplementary information that meet the requirements of the Foreign Affairs Bureau.

Other visa application services include applications for Dependent Visa and Visa Extension.

Disclaimer: We are a private immigration consultancy firm that provides individuals and businesses support with their Hong Kong relocation and immigration. We wish to make it clear that this website is not a government website and we are not linked or affiliated with the Immigration Department of HKSAR. If you do not wish to obtain immigration advice or representation, you can make your own application directly to the relevant government authority without paying any additional fees.


Applicants should be at least 18 years of age, be in good health, have no criminal record, have an identified employer in the territory with no serious illegal and untrustworthy records, and have a work quota under the quota system.

Please note that the eligibility criteria may be subjected to change from time-to-time.

An Approved Class A Work Permit

A successfully approved Foreigner’s Work Permit will allow you to work and stay legally in China. Work permit approval plus document production generally takes 10-15 business days (10 business days for Type A and 15 business days for Type B); once the document is produced, we will contact you for the subsequent steps.

During the processing of the application, the applicant may be asked to provide additional information and/or documentation related to the application


Once the work permit is approved, the applicant will receive a card-like document.

Our Other Services

Hong Kong Dependent Visa

For family members wishing to join their spouses/parents who are working/studying in Hong Kong​

Hong Kong Investment Visa

For overseas entrepreneurs relocating to Hong Kong either through investing or by establishing their own business in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong Training Visa

For non-Hong Kong students and employees coming to Hong Kong for training or internship

Hong Kong

Visit/Transit Visa

For foreigners who wish to visit Hong Kong for leisure or business purposes.  And for foreigners who require to transit through from Hong Kong

Mainland Talents & Professionals

For professionals who are residents of Mainland China taking up employment in Hong Kong


Service Fees

We can provide a volume of discounts to clients with multiple applications

bottom of page