top of page

Hong Kong

Dependent Visa

The Dependent Visa in Hong Kong is for the immediate family members of one of the below who have the below status:


  1. A non-Hong Kong resident who holds a valid Hong Kong Employment/ Investment/ Student Visa

  2. A permanent Hong Kong resident.


The above persons will be the dependents’ sponsors.

Three Types of Dependents

Spouse Icon.png


a legally registered partner​

Baby Icon.png


below the age of 18 whom are unmarried (includes legally adopted children)​

Senior Icon.png


above the age of 60​

Note: only when Sponsor is a Hong Kong permanent resident or resident who is not subject to a limit of stay. 

The Dependent Visa allows these family members to relocate to Hong Kong with their spouse/guardians/parents/children.


A Dependent Visa is required for each family member and each member must file their own application separately.


Please note, the arrangements for entry to Hong Kong does not apply to dependents who are Mainland Chinese residents; or Macao residents who are formerly Mainland Chinese residents, or with Afghanistan, Albania, Cuba and Democratic People’s Republic of Korea nationalities. Additionally, please note that the eligibility criteria may be subjected to change from time-to-time.

What We Will Do For You

Boötes Consulting Services Limited is a private immigration consultation firm, specialises in immigration solution for Hong Kong, and we offer Dependent Visa application services.

We treat all clients’ cases equally.  We are dedicated to provide the best services by ensuring the agent who has been assigned to your case will handle the whole visa application procedure in a timely and efficient manner.  Our professionally trained agents will look after all the logistics for their assigned cases; from consulting with clients, to

coordinating to gather all required information and documentations from the dependent visa applicants and their sponsors. In special cases, our agents may require to contact the Hong Kong Immigration Officers in order to make our clients’ visa applications processes will not be delayed.

If you have queries on Dependent Visa Renewal/Extension for Hong Kong, talk to one of our agents.

Disclaimer: We are a private immigration consultancy firm that provides individuals and businesses support with their Hong Kong relocation and immigration. We wish to make it clear that this website is not a government website and we are not linked or affiliated with the Immigration Department of HKSAR. If you do not wish to obtain immigration advice or representation, you can make your own application directly to the relevant government authority without paying any additional fees.

An Approved Hong Kong Dependent Visa

The approval of a submitted application for a Dependent Visa for Hong Kong is based on whether the normal immigration requirements have been met, which are being evaluated by the Immigration Department of Hong Kong Special Administration Region (HKSAR). The validity period of an approved DependentVisa is usually links to that of the sponsors'. The Dependent Visa may be renewed and/or extended.


Once the application has been approved, we, as the authorised immigration consultant, can collect the approved visa from the Immigration Department, on behalf of the applicant.

The standard processing time for a Hong Kong Dependent Visa application takes 6 to 8 weeks by the Immigration Department.


The Director of Immigration reserves all rights to approve or reject a Dependent Visa application. In the case when an application is unsuccessful, an appeal can be filed with the authorities.

Holders of Dependent Visa Working/Studying in Hong Kong

Am I legally allowed to work in Hong Kong with my approved Dependent Visa? 


The answer is YES, dependents are legally allowed to work and do not require a separate Work Visa/Permit, when they:

  • are permanent residents of Hong Kong; or

  • have the rights to stay in Hong Kong unconditionally; or

  • have been employed by an employer in Hong Kong; or

  • enter into Hong Kong via the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme or the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme.


Can my kids attend schools in Hong Kong?


YES, all dependents can study in Hong Kong. However, if they have been admitted to study in Hong Kong, they are not employable unless they have been granted permission from the Director of Immigration prior to taking up any jobs.

HKD $6,800*

HKD $4,380

Service Fees

Type of Visa
Renewal / Extension

Dependent Visa

(Legal & Cohabiting Partner.

Legal Dependent under the age of 18 and over the age of 60)

* Fees do not include :

  • Overseas courier costs. 

  • Costs for translation with certification.

  • Company incorporation (for Business Investment Visa).


Special Offers

  • 10% off for every 10 applications

  • For corporate rate, please contact us for a quotation.

Our Other Services

Hong Kong Employment Visa

For non-Hong Kong professionals looking to work in Hong Kong

Hong Kong Investment Visa

For overseas entrepreneurs relocating to Hong Kong either through investing or by establishing their own business in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong Training Visa

For non-Hong Kong students and employees coming to Hong Kong for training or internship

Hong Kong

Visit/Transit Visa

For foreigners who wish to visit Hong Kong for leisure or business purposes.  And for foreigners who require to transit through from Hong Kong

Mainland Talents & Professionals

For professionals who are residents of Mainland China taking up employment in Hong Kong


Service Fees

We can provide a volume of discounts to clients with multiple applications

bottom of page