top of page

Hong Kong

Student Visa

A valid Hong Kong Student Visa will allow non-local students to study and live in Hong Kong.  Students normally will be granted permission to stay in Hong Kong for the duration of their enrolled course.


Student visa holders can be the sponsors to their immediate family members, to apply for the Hong Kong Dependant visas.


However, this type of visa does not apply to:

  • Mainland Chinese and Taiwanese residents;

  • Former Mainland Chinese residents living in Macau SAR who are not settled there by 14 January 1979;

  • Those with Afghanistan, Cambodia, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam nationalities.

Our dedicated team at Boötes Consulting Services Limited acts as the Education Consultants, we can provide you with Schools and Courses information.  We will guide you through every step of your enrolment to your selected School and courses, this includes the processing of your application for your Student Visa.

We understand that, as non-local students, this is your first  

time in this foreign city, you may need help with finding where to stay.  Our team can give you a hand in finding you your accommodation, so you can focus on your studies and on exploring the city.


Application services for Employment visasDependent visas, Visa Extensions are also available.

Disclaimer: We are a private immigration consultancy firm that provides individuals and businesses support with their Hong Kong relocation and immigration. We wish to make it clear that this website is not a government website and we are not linked or affiliated with the Immigration Department of HKSAR. If you do not wish to obtain immigration advice or representation, you can make your own application directly to the relevant government authority without paying any additional fees.


To qualify for this type of Student Visa for Hong Kong, the applicant should not have any criminal records.  He/she must have been accepted into a full-time course by a Private School that is registered under the Education Ordinance (Cap. 279); and whom must proof that he/she can meet the course fees and living expenses without work.​

Please note that the eligibility criteria may be subjected to change from time to time.

What We Will Do For You

An Approved Hong Kong Student Visa

All visa applications that are submitted will be evaluated by the Immigration Department of HKSAR, and the standard visa application processing time normally takes approx. 6 to 8 weeks from when the application is being submitted.  While the application is being processed, the Immigration Department may require further information and/or documents related to the case.


When the visa applicant is granted the Student Visa, the visa will be activated when visa holder enters into Hong Kong through Immigration.

Visa holders can live and study (at the specified school) in Hong Kong for the duration of the enrolled course. However, visa holders cannot join or start-up any business, nor take up any employment whether with or without pay.


Note that, the student visa will become invalid when visa holders terminated from their studies.


It is the Director of Immigration who reserves all rights to approve or to reject a Student Visa application Hong Kong, and when an application is unsuccessful, an appeal can be filed with the authorities.

Opportunity:  Language Studies in Hong Kong

Chinese and English are the official languages of Hong Kong, and there is no place better to learn these languages than here.


At Boötes Consulting Services Limited, we are offering you to enrol in a range of intensive English and Chinese Programmes that are recognised by the Hong Kong Governments Education Bureau.  All courses are taught by qualified language teachers who are native-speakers of the languages.  Our classes are suitable for anyone, whether you are a complete beginner; or you are brushing up on your language skills; or you need assistance with your job interviews/business presentations.


Contact us for course details on our Language Programmes.

Our Other Services

Hong Kong Employment Visa

For non-Hong Kong professionals looking to work in Hong Kong

Hong Kong Investment Visa

For overseas entrepreneurs relocating to Hong Kong either through investing or by establishing their own business in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong Dependent Visa

For family members wishing to join their spouses/parents who are working/studying in Hong Kong​

Hong Kong

Visit/Transit Visa

For foreigners who wish to visit Hong Kong for leisure or business purposes.  And for foreigners who require to transit through from Hong Kong

Mainland Talents & Professionals

For professionals who are residents of Mainland China taking up employment in Hong Kong


Service Fees

We can provide a volume of discounts to clients with multiple applications

bottom of page